Skip to main content

Positive Social Media Management












You press send………….and your image goes out into the world.

Usually, it's accompanied by some text to help frame and tell the story. The image is the most important thing. The text just helps frame it.

The democratization of creating imagery has opened up a new world. I was a photographer for 15 years creating images with $10,000 cameras. Now I can create a shareable image with my iPhone.

But the democratization of sharing stories is still in its infancy. Anyone can share an image but only a creative can share a story.

And stories are what make us. I am a social media manager that tries my best to represent real stories, real communities, and real people. Why?

I am highly aware of the power images have over people. I know social media can either connect or isolate. And most importantly I'm aware that my children are going into a digital age of that we've never seen before.

I believe that every social media manager should ask themselves one question before sharing images. They should ask themselves what is the intention of sharing this image?

Is it the intention to bring people together? Is it the intention to make your community and followers feel like they belong?

Or is the intention of this share to isolate people. To make them feel they need to buy a product, undertake a diet or take some action (that, of course, you can provide) to make themselves a better person?

I represent retail products, hospitality services, and local community figures. There is no reason for anybody to make people feel isolated. Products can still bring people together, and brands can ALWAYS be empowering and inspiring.

I stand for “Positive Social Media Management” and not just for myself, but for the next Generation as we navigate one of the most powerful tools storytelling has ever seen.

Social media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Claude and Kate Branch at Kirribilli house

As a mother of two nothing is more important to me than our children. My husband Jean-Claude and I attended a fundraiser at Kirribilli house that raised money for five wonderful children charities. We were honoured to personally meet The Honourable Malcom Turnball, Prime Minister of Australia and his amazing wife Mrs Lucy Turnball.  Jean-Claude and I were also honoured to listen to the address of the Honourable Dame Marie Bashir who also supports these charities especially Central Coast Kids in Need. Once again her Excellency Dame Marie Bashir said that children are the most precious resource we have. And that is very true. We are very thankful to attend such an amazing evening. Below are the amazing charities that funds were raised for. http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/   Bear Cottage is the only children’s hospice in NSW, one of only two in Australia, and the only one in the world affiliated with a children’s hospital.  We provide support, respite and end

Porsche Power

Thank you Porsche Power magazine for publishing my photograph. 

40 years around the sun

  40 Years Around The Sun A Photographic Celebration of My Favourite Sunrises and Sunsets From Around the Globe As my 40th birthday approaches, in the midst of a pandemic, and without the option of a big party or far flung travel adventure on the cards, I’ve found another novel (COVID-friendly) way to celebrate. I’ve decided to utilise my skills as a photographer, bundled together with my passion for travel, to create a visual compilation of my favourite sunrises and sunsets from around the globe. Entitled 40 Years Around The Sun, this video art project is exactly that; a celebration of my own experience of forty years around this dazzling star, featuring 40 photos, all taken on my beloved Leica camera. It is a revival of my most treasured travel memories, in video form, a selection of my best photography work throughout the years, featuring the burning orb that connects us all; the sun. Even though I can’t physically travel with family or friends, I can still take them on a virtual